At The Hair Dr, we offer the most advanced, least invasive FUE hair technique available.
The FUE hair technique leaves minimal scarring and, in most cases, the scarring isn’t visible to the naked eye. Unlike FUT which leaves a linear scar at the back of the head. This gives patients the option to wear their hair short after the procedure and get back to daily life as quickly as possible with minimal fuss and discomfort. Downtime is usually 5-7 days.
Shaved or Long Hair Option
We are one of the very few clinics able to offer long hair transplant which involve unshaven areas, we treat Afro-Caribbean hair loss as well as beard and facial hair loss. In addition, due to the knowledge and precision of our team, we can utilise beard and body hair in hair transplants if a client has a lack of suitable donor hairs on the scalp.
Although we treat each client on an individual basis, the steps in the procedure do tend to be similar. Here is a step by step guide into what you, as a client, can expect from The Hair Dr team:
- Patients can have a consultation with our surgeon either face to face, by telephone or Skype.
- Once you have discussed your hair loss and the treatment options available to you, your date of surgery is selected and your FUE treatment is booked.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR FUE TREATMENT
- A single FUE session will last most of the day (between 8-14 hours depending on the complexity of the case and the number of grafts required).
- Patients are given a mild sedative and local anaesthetic in both the donor and recipient areas. Once the anaesthetic has been administered, most patients feel little or no discomfort throughout the procedure.
- Grafts are carefully extracted.
- The surgeon makes the incisions for the recipient grafts.
- The grafts are then placed by our team of highly-skilled technicians.
- Within half an hour of the treatment ending, you can expect to be on your way home.
- Healing takes approximately 5-7 days, after which point and redness or slight swelling in the treatment area will have subsided.
- As part of your treatment package, we offer a 12-month’s supply of Propecia and Minoxidil topical solution. We also offer lifelong aftercare with The Hair Dr guarantee.
- You will be able to see the outline of your new hairline immediately after treatment. The transplanted hair will have re-grown fully approximately 12 months later.